Fun Crafts to Do with Elderly Loved Ones During the Holidays
These crafts are great for seniors because they are calm and simple. They are also nostalgic, adding joy to the time spent making them. Seniors might also enjoy making these crafts to give as gifts over the holidays.
- Recycled Card – Bookmarks Use ribbon, glue and old Christmas cards to make simple bookmarks.
- Mason Jar Snow Globes – Encourage seniors to put knick-knacks collected over the years in their mason jar snow globes. Only a few materials are necessary.
- Memento Ornaments – Clear, hollow ornaments can be fun to fill with special mementos. These are often valued as priceless memory holders and conversation pieces.
- Scrapbooks/Photo Albums – Good old-fashioned scrapbooking allows seniors to reminisce and share stories with sense of purpose and delight.
- Needlework/Sewing Projects – There are a ton of easy, fast, adult crafts seniors can make using fabric, needle and thread (or yarn). Search online for adult sewing ideas and directions.
These are just a few fun crafts to do with elderly loved ones during the holidays. Providing company to your senior loved one is not only a great way to alleviate loneliness, but also inspire creativity. HomeSpark Care is committed to providing the best care for your senior loved ones in the Bryan/College Station area. Our at-home caregivers can provide companionship during the holidays. Taking care of seniors is our passion and we are proud to give back to those who have done so much for their families, communities and country. Contact us with the link below for more information!